Friday, March 22, 2013

Maple Glazed Porkchops

I've been making these porkchops since my husband and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary in Vermont. We took a tour (literally the owner walking us around and showing us his farm) of a maple farm and brought back goodies that I still use cooking and baking. If you ever visit Goodrich's Maple Farm in Cabot, you'll want to pick yourself up some pure maple syrup, maple sugar for baking, and maple cream for spreading onto anything you want to taste heavenly. Their website is certainly worth ordering from if you won't be up there in the near future.
 
2 porkchops
1 Tbsp BBQ sauce (I prefer Sweet Baby Ray's)
2 Tsp ground coffee
3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
I added all of the ingredients to the porkchops for photographic purposes but, I would suggest mixing them all in a bowl and then applying them to both sides of chops with a basting brush. Be sure to use all of the sauce as a marinade and don't save any for dipping. Coffee grounds are far less appealing in a raw sauce and you don't want to cross-contaminate your meat. Cook chops in a 425 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 140 degrees.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment