Friday, June 21, 2013

Clam Pasta

I figured I might as well go ahead and post all these pasta dishes together featuring Barilla Veggie pasta. You'd think they were paying me for plugging them the way I use this pasta (they aren't), I just love it, as I'm saying for the third time this week. 

I have been making this dish for years, like since I was a teenager! It has always been a lighter version of pasta for me and you don't have to remember to defrost anything ahead of time. I can make this on a whim so I turn to it a lot when I get a carb craving. No heavy sauces are used in this dish and it has a light summery taste. 

1 box of your favorite pasta
1 can of minced clams
1 Tbsp minced garlic
zest of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tsp onion powder
1/2 Tsp lemon pepper
1 Tsp Italian seasoning
Parmesan cheese to taste

Boil pasta according to package directions. In a saucepan, empty can of clams with juice and all. Add the garlic, zest, and seasonings and bring to a boil. Shut off the heat and stir in lemon juice. Pour over pasta and toss. Top with Parmesan cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment