Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Baked Sweet Potato Chips

After making Addictive Baked Potato Chips, I was eyeing sweet potatoes and figured I would give them a try with a sweet twist. I made them in the same manner as the regular potatoes with different spices that gave them a lovely fall flavor.
sweet potatoes
mixed up salt
cinnamon
nutmeg
vanilla extract
olive oil

Scrub your sweet potatoes with a brush under running water. Slice them the short way by hand or using a mandolin. I cut mine in about 1/4 inch strips. Pour some olive oil and a bit of vanilla extract on a baking sheet and rub around with a paper towel to spread evenly. Cover the baking sheet with sweet potatoes and then season. I used a moderate amount of cinnamon and just a bit of nutmeg. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Then, pull them out of the oven, flip them, and bake for an additional 10 minutes. These were pretty consistent in the cooking and texture. Sweet potatoes are naturally more dense than regular potatoes so, they cook up more like a vegetable and don't get as chewy as a texture. That's why I chose to cut down on the cooking time from the regular recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment