Friday, May 3, 2013

Crockpot Stuffed Manicotti

1 cup ricotta cheese
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
2 Tsp garlic powder
1 Tsp onion powder
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1 package manicotti
your favorite tomato sauce
Yes, you can cook manicotti in the crock pot. And no, there is no water.
 
Spray a crock pot with non-stick spray. Layer your crock pot with tomato sauce on the bottom. Mix the ricotta cheese with the spices and spoon into a Ziploc bag. Cut a slit in the corner of the bag and use it to fill your manicotti. I filled from both ends to cover the inside of them. Then lay them into the crock pot. The pin I originally found for this said not to overlap them. I ended up overlapping two of them and I don't think it came out any different. Then cover everything with tomato sauce, to the top of the pasta. Cook on high for 2 hours. Don't stir the mixture because I think it would fall apart very easily.
 
You can cover the mixture with mozzarella cheese for the last 20-30 minutes if you wish. Next time I make it, I may throw some Jimmy Dean loose sausage in the bottom and see how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment