Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pesto Potato Salad

This recipe is pretty easy but, gets rave reviews nonetheless. In fact, my friend Tanya texts me every so often asking when I'll be making it again. It's my signature, go-to potato salad recipe for cookouts. 

I always add things into tuna, chicken, or potato salad to cut down on the mayo intake. Plain Greek yogurt is great for this! I've even used sour cream in some instances because who wants to add like 500 calories worth of mayo to a recipe?

I usually make a very large portion of this with a 5lb bag of potatoes. I scaled this down a bit. 

4-6 red bliss potatoes
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 1/2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp Pesto Sauce
2 Tbsp bacon bits

Scrub the potatoes under water and cut into bite sized pieces. Add to a pot of well salted water and bring to a boil. Cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. 
In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients. Mix in potatoes well, using a smaller mixing spoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment