Sunday, May 19, 2013

Parmesan Peppercorn Porkchops

 A few weeks ago, I ran into my friend Darryl at the grocery store. He was on a mission to find Parmesan Peppercorn dressing to put on pork. I'm not sure where he got this idea but being that its my favorite dressing, I had to try it soon after!

Parmesan peppercorn is actually really hard to find in the grocery store. It's surprising since its available in so many restaurants. Alas, try looking for it in the huge aisle of dressings and you will usually only find one option (not to be confused with Ranch versions). Sure enough it took us both a few minutes to finally find it. I swear by Ken's Light Options for dietetic reasons. 
I brushed my (quite large) chops with about 2-3 Tbsp per chop. Brush both sides and place into a baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray or take out to the grill. I gave the tops of mine a generous shake of onion powder and minced garlic. If baking, do so in a 325 degree oven for 15-30 minutes depending on the size. I keep my own temp lower and cook chops longer to prevent them from getting dry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment