Wednesday, April 24, 2013

BBQ Pulled Pork

I'm pretty sure this is my husband's favorite meal that I make. Consider that because I feel like I am giving away a huge secret with this post! I'm sure you could find out this recipe other places but, this is what I do. It's simple and made in a crock pot and the smell will taunt you all day as it cooks! You won't be disappointed!
Pork roast (picnic shoulder)
1 packet Lipton onion soup
1-2 bay leaves
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1/2 cup shallots
3 Tbsp fresh parsley
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 Tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp lemon pepper
 
 
Throw all ingredients in the crock pot. Cover with water just until the entire roast is covered.
After about 7-8 hours on low or about 4 hours on high, pull out the roast, fishing out any stray pieces. DON'T get rid of the broth! This is great as a soup base or broth for other recipes! Let it sit out until it's cool enough to touch. You may want to put on a plastic glove to handle it sooner and save yourself some mess.
Pull apart with your hands into shredded pieces. Mix with your favorite barbecue sauce, probably about 1/2 cup to 1 cup depending on the size your roast was. I always add back in a bit of the broth to lessen the need for extra sauce. You need to mix thoroughly and still pull meat apart with your hands. Get in there and get messy, that's why I use a plastic glove.
 
Serve by itself as a meat or as sandwiches!
I love mine on a hamburger roll with some extra barbecue sauce, caramelized onions, and cheese...mmm!

1 comment: