Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Crockpot Steak Tips

These are my signature easy crock pot steak tips. Simply throw the ingredients in the crock pot and let it simmer on low, the longer the better.
 
A local restaurant in my town, The Azorean, has these great steak tips. They were originally called Pepe's Steak Tips and then renamed Americano Steak Tips. They have no description at all on the menu other than "special sauce". After doing my best to dissect the tastes, I've decided they definitely contained Coca Cola. I brought that aspect to this recipe so that the steak tips would have a "broth" to stew in that incorporates that taste. 
1 lb chuck sirloin beef
1 can or bottle of Coca Cola Classic
3 Tbsp BBQ sauce (I prefer Sweet Baby Ray's)
2 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tsp low sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp honey Teriyaki sauce
1 Tsp ground coffee
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1/4 cup minced onion
1 clove garlic, pressed
The great thing about this recipe is that it doesn't matter how good or bad the cut of meat you use is because they always come out tender. Cut the steak into bite sized pieces and throw it in with the other ingredients. The steak will feel tough at first, after an hour or two but, they will eventually get tender and start to get softer. Peak timing for me has been about 8 hours on low.


No comments:

Post a Comment