Monday, April 1, 2013

Beef and Snow Pea Stir Fry

This is a great stir fry with crisp snow peas. I've recently started cooking with fresh ginger. I wasn't a fan of the pickled ginger served with sushi so I hadn't tried to use it but, dishes like Ginger Beef still were pleasing to me. So, I tried it and found that I do like it for adding flavor to Asian dishes. I use a zester to quickly add it in. It's a great item to grab at the grocery store (a small one can be 50 cents or cheaper) and just peel it and keep it in a Ziploc bag in the vegetable bin of your fridge.
 
1 Tbsp fresh ground ginger
1 small can of mushrooms, drained
8 ounces of fresh snow peas
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 bunch of scallions, chopped
1/4 Tsp Chinese 5 spice
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 lb of top sirloin steak tips
 
Recipe Adapted from Epicurious
 
Heat up a large saucepan on medium heat and add the oil. Add oil, garlic, onions, and ginger and saute 3-5 minutes until the onions begin to caramelize. Add snow peas, spices, and sauces sauteing for an additional 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and scallions and mix. The last item that should be added is the beef. It will cook up very fast. I prefer beef rare, so I only cook until the outside is brown enough to serve, but cook it to your taste. This dish is great by itself or served accompanying rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment