Sunday, April 7, 2013

Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip

So, I'm Greek. I spent a month in Greece as a teenager. I liked Greek yogurt before it was cool. I trekked down to the Greek market towns away to get it made from goat's milk, unsweetened, and we sweetened it with honey like every Greek dessert basically made, before companies like Fage and Chobani looked like geniuses packaging it with fruit sides. So, I love that it's available everywhere now and that everyone is eating it, even if it's not the genuine article. So, I love the recipes using it. It is so versatile to replace ingredients and I always keep it in my fridge. Serve this for your kids or at your next party, and you'll turn people into believers if they've yet to try it still.
 
1 cup Greek Yogurt (plain or vanilla)
2 Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
1 Tbsp honey
1/4 Tsp cinnamon
1/4 Tsp vanilla extract
1/8 Tsp brown sugar
 
Recipe adapted from Fit Sugar
Mix ingredients together and serve with fruit or apple slices for a great snack or party platter. Top with additional cinnamon for presentation. Apples should be squirted with lemon juice to prevent browning if not being served immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment